Free School Meal Information
Did you know … just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out!
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered at The Laurels Primary School will receive £1,320 from central Government to fund valuable extra support.
Please register as soon as possible to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact The School Office who will give you the form to register or download one from the website.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal and our school receives £1,320 extra.
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meal they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still receives the extra funding.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please talk to us about registering your child today.
Free School Meals Entitlement
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from under Part 6 o the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Come and talk to us in the office if you’re not sure.